- Review for quiz by working with your table partner to create a drawing of one literary device in action from Chapters 1-4 of The Pearl.
- Share drawings with the class.
- Take the first literary quiz on devices 1-5, with extra credit on The New Colossus.
HW Eng: None. Bring The Pearl and your choice book to class tomorrow.
Friday, September 29
- Read choice books, return books you have finished or which you are abandoning, and find a new book if needed.
- Re-read your summer reading book review, returned on Google classroom.
- Receive feedback and the graded rubric for the summer reading book review.
- Please keep this timeline in mind:
- Students were able to re-read, edit, revise, and conference with Ms. Hodgens prior to submitting the book review on Google classroom on September 18.
- Additionally, now that you have received graded feedback on the assessment, you may revise the summer reading book review by scheduling a conference with Ms. Hodgens. The conference will take place between October 2-October 9, and all revisions must be submitted by the end of quarter 1, on November 3.
HW Eng: Read your choice book, bring The Pearl and the choice book to class on Monday, and schedule a conference with Ms. Hodgens by e-mailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to revise the book review. Further details are on PowerSchool and on the blog.